Coping with a loss is one of life’s hardest challenges. The grieving process, combined with the planning of a funeral, can be overwhelming. It is the closing of a chapter, but it is often a difficult chapter to close.
To ease your stress during this challenging time, we have compiled a list of the top four funeral homes in Charlotte, North Carolina. These funeral homes will help with the burden of planning a funeral and the other struggles that come with any passing.
- A.E Grier & Sons Funeral and Cremation Facility— Funerals as unique as your life
- Alexander Funeral Home, Inc— Committed to providing compassionate, and respectful services
- Boston’s Mortuary— Help with contacting the Social Security Office
- Carolina Funeral Service & Cremation Center— Dignified and affordable services
Below we will go further in-depth about each one of the funeral homes listed above.
1. A.E Grier & Sons Funeral and Cremation
You won’t feel like you’re settling with a standard service because A.E Grier & Sons work with you, your family and your budget to create a service no one will forget. They value the unique quality of every individual’s life and cherish it with each service.
A.E Grier & Sons is a family-owned and operated business that has aimed to be the “ultimate provider of creating healing experiences in the community” for over two generations. They offer in house and offsite funeral, cremation, and burial services, along with online grieving help available 24/7.
If you’re interested in permanent memorialization, A.E Grier & Sons can find a suitable location and marker that allows you to reconnect and honor the relationship you still have.
- Funeral Design and pre-plan
- Unique ways of honoring life (Tribute videos, memorial websites, live funeral webcasting)
- Pet services
- Memorable funeral, cremation, and burial services
- Permanent memorialization
- Veteran Services
- 2310 Statesville Avenue, Charlotte, NC, 28206
- Phone: (704) 377-4243
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.aegriersonsfcc.com
“There aren’t enough words to express my deepest appreciation to you and your staff. The professional services you provided reflected passion and pride. Heartfelt thanks to each of you for helping enhance the memories of my mother.”- Brenda Newberry Troutman
2. Alexander Funeral Home, Inc.
The Alexander Funeral Home has been serving families in Charlotte, North Carolina, since 1914. They pride themselves in providing professional and compassionate services of the highest quality.
Whether you are pre-planning or need to speak with a funeral director about a death or imminent death, Alexander Funeral Home is there to help. Their goal is to provide a “reasonable cost with quality service” to commemorate the best way you can.
At the Alexander Funeral Home, they design and offer visitation, memorial, funeral, graveside, and cremation services.
- Funeral Pre-planning
- Selection of different types of services
- Easy designing with their online funeral planner
- 1424 Statesville Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28206
- Phone: (704) 333-1167
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.alexanderfunerals.com
“We unexpectedly lost my mother a couple of months ago, and I found myself in need of a funeral home. It was written in stone that we would be serviced by Alexander because that’s just where my entire family goes whenever we lose someone. It’s been that way for as long as I can remember. And now I understand why, in the best way possible.” -Michelle P.
3. Boston’s Mortuary
The professionals at Boston’s Mortuary will guide you through difficult times with kindness and respect as their staff has plenty of experience working with families from all walks of life.
Affordable Funeral and cremation costs are available along with dedicated professionals to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays. Boston’s Mortuary is a family-owned and operated company, and they consider themselves “caregivers who provide support and assistance before, during, and after a loss”.
They offer support and help fill and obtain your loved one’s social security, so you don’t have to worry about dealing with paperwork during a trying time.
- Funeral Pre-planning
- Silver Elite Burial Service: $4,995
- Funeral Cremation Package: $3,695
- Day of Viewing Service: $2,500
- Memorial Service: $2,100
- Veteran Services
- 4300 Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC 28269
- Phone: (704) 509-1550
- Website: https://www.bostonsmortuary.com/contact-us
“My family and I were in the unfortunate situation of losing a loved one recently; the whole staff was so kind and helpful during this difficult time. They did a great job helping us plan all of the details, running the funeral service, and all while making it a very personal experience.” – Jessica V.
4. Carolina Funeral Service and Cremation Center
The last suggested funeral homes in Charlotte out of the fourth is Carolina Funeral Service & Cremation Center. Carolina Funeral Service & Cremation Center is a locally-owned facility that offers affordable and well-executed traditional funerals, graveside services, visitations, and cremations. They believe in accommodating the customer with sensible options–without unneeded costs.
Everyone is welcome regardless of their background and are treated with “dignity, affordability, and simplicity”. And for those who are military veterans and first responders (Police, Fire, and EMS), they offer a 10% off or service fees and a 5% discount to all spouses of the previously mentioned.
Carolina Funeral Service has the largest showroom for urns in Charlotte, so you won’t have trouble finding the unique urn to cherish and honor your family. They also make arrangements with domestic/international funeral homes and cemeteries to transfer or receive a loved one.
- Pre-plan funeral
- Traditional funeral service: $5,893.00 plus the cost of a casket selected from our facility
- Cremation with memorial service: $3,729.00
- Simple cremation online service: $1800.00
- Caskets : $ 990.00-$8941.00
- Outer burial container: $ 1150.00-$2285.00
- Cremation urns: $115.00-$1770.00
- 5505 Monroe Road, Charlotte, NC 28212
- Phone: (704) 568-0023
- Website: https://www.carolinafuneral.com
“My family and I would like to give our appreciation to your staff for your kindness and considerations in assisting us with the Funeral of Our Loved One. It was such a good feeling to call on someone who was not only very professional but was also very caring and considerate at a time when it is most needed. We were very pleased with everything.”- The Reynolds Family
Final Thoughts on Best Funeral Homes in Charlotte, NC
Grieving the loss of a loved one is a long process, but with a proper service that commemorates and celebrates their life, it can help you move forward. There are many funeral homes in Charlotte, North Carolina, but hopefully, our research has helped you narrow the scope of which facilities will suit you and your family best.
For other funeral home locations: